Did you know?
- Every ESOP plan is established and set up differently, with varying levels of employee ownership. Many plans are 30% employee owned, 40% owned or 50% employee owned. But the DAS ESOP is 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED!
- Missouri is an ESOP friendly state, with over 200 registered ESOPs! Our legislators work diligently to protect the benefits of the ESOP, such as tax exempt status and succession sustainability.
- On average, ESOP employee owners experience increased productivity, higher job growth, 2 ½ times greater wealth in their retirement accounts, and 5% - 12% more in wages than non-ESOP employees.
- A 2014 Gallup poll defines engaged employees as those who are involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their work and workplace.
Engaged employees want to be part of something bigger than themselves. They are more creative, optimistic, motivated, healthy and make better decisions.
- The Gallup poll indicates that across all companies, 67% of all employees self-reported as being either not engaged or disengaged. The average cost to replace these employees is 6-9 months of their salary. Disengaged employees are expensive to the organization!
- The Midwest States (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio) have the largest concentration of ESOPs at 32%. The Southern states follow closely behind at 29%, followed by Western states at 23% and the Northeastern states at 17%.
- The first ESOP was established in 1956 by Peninsula Newspapers.
- ESOP companies are 25% more likely to stay in business.